If you feel bloated, constipated and congested or have gained unwanted weight (even though you are not eating more food and are exercising regularly). If your your hair and skin is looking less healthy than normal, you feel foggy and out of sorts, low in energy, moody or recognise a decrease in libido, your body might send you the urgent message that it has to deal with a high load of toxins.
These toxins can be from food, e.g. processed foods, non-organic vegetables, air, water, mood, clothing, your cell phone, to little water intake, high coffee and milk consumption, too much alcohol, ..the list is long.
What then happens to your body is that the toxins bind essential minerals, thus making them unavailable to the body, they damage the lining of the gut and inhibit digestion and absorption of essential nutrients, including protein which might be a reason why you consistently feel food deprived.
Toxins also find their home in fat cells, a reason why you might not be able to loose weight or have gained weight.
Use these following simple steps as the beginning for an increasingly clean life. Bring your awareness to where you are exposed to toxins and make little changes, that will help you to a clearer and healthier body and mind (which then will give you easier excess to the essence of your real, amazing being):
- Eliminate or (at least and to begin with) reduce your intake of sugar, saturated fats, alcohol, coffee and cigarettes and notice what difference it makes.
- Minimize the use of chemical-based household cleaners and health care products (shampoos, deodorants, toothpastes) and replace them with natural alternatives.
- Reduce stress (with meditation, yoga, surfing or bushwalking for example). Stress hormones in large amounts create toxins and slow down detoxification enzymes in the life.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Increase your vitamin C intake.
- Cleanse and protect your liver by drinking dandelion root tea.
- Eat plenty of fibre (e.g. organic cabbage, broccoli and seaweed).
- Learn how to breathe properly (eg. in your yoga class).
- Focus on the positive things in life. Focus!
- Move! Exercise and yoga are excellent to reduce stress and remove toxins from your body
Go for it Wellness Yogi! Choose one or two of the tips above and try them out for week. Before you begin, note how you feel. After the week, note again and let me know how you go!
To your beautiful health!
If you like this article, feel free to share it with your friend and let me know how you go!