7 reasons to eat seasonal
To support your replenishing lifestyle choose seasonal vegetables, fruit and dairy that has been raised, grown and harvested in your geographic area.
There are many and good reasons why:
- The produce tastes better. It is freshly picked. It travelled less and had to wait less until it has been enjoyed by you.
- It is cheap. Check out the farmers markets nearby and you will safe up for your next holidays! Shopping at the farmers markets means to connect with your local community – the foundation for a happy and healthy life.
- You will get a wholesome nourishing variety in your diet in spring, summer, autumn and winter (in Australia).
- The transportation of produces sometimes requires irradiation (radiation to kill germs) and preservatives (such as wax). Eating locally is definitely the safer and cleaner option.
- If gardening is not for you, visit the local farmers’ market or join a community supported agriculture group who delivers the harvest to your doorstep.
- If you life in a climate where it is not possible to get your fresh food seasonally simply purchase what is in season somewhere else, but not too far away to reduce the shipping time.
- Have a look here http://www.marketfresh.com.au/produce_guide/seasons.asp to find out what is in season right now. I promise you will love these high quality, tasty and nutritious treats and your body, mind and soul will too.